WGBA is a nonprofit 501(c)3 charitable organization that serves the state of Wisconsin. We are the official Wisconsin Chapter of the US Green Building Council (USGBC) and represent USGBC and its programs in Wisconsin. Our Members and Board are a diverse group, and are passionate about green buildings and sustainable design.
We envision Wisconsin as a place where all people live, work, and build sustainably because where we live, learn, and labor matters. WGBA works toward its mission through education, advocacy, and collaboration. We provide:
- A wide range of educational and networking events for our members and the green building community at large.
- Volunteer opportunities to help schools and communities reach their green building goals.
- Advocacy support for sustainable development and responsible decision making within the State of Wisconsin.
To shape our future by facilitating and promoting ecologically sustainable practices within Wisconsin's built environment.
To create an existing and future built environment that is socially, economically and environmentally regenerative.
- Provide green building education and instructional programs
- Conduct advocacy toward greening the built environment
- Provide information sharing and research tools
- Build partnerships with other organizations committed to sustainability