Jeff Boldt, PE, LEED AP, HBDP, KJWW Engineering
Join the conversation about green building codes with Jeff Boldt, Principal and Director of Engineering at KJWW Engineering, and self-proclaimed nerd of ASHRAE seminars. Jeff will lead the conversation about:
- One Standard to Rule Them All: ASHRAE, ICC, IES, and USGBC Memorandum of Understanding
- ASHRAE 90.1 and 189.1: What it's like on an ASHRAE code committee, How YOU can affect the codes, and New things coming in the energy codes.
We'll provide your morning coffee and delicious bakery goods. You bring the conversation, a co-worker or friend, and business cards!
Parking and Travel:
- By car: free lot parking in front of the KJWW Engineering building. Click here for driving directions.
- If you're driving an electric vehicle, the nearest charging station is MGE, 300 Femrite Dr, Madison, WI 53716 (888-758-4389).
- By bike: no racks, but a railing to secure a bicycle (or arrangements can be made to bring it inside)
- By bus transit routes: 11, 12, 16, L5, X16
- Set up a Rideshare
About Our Featured Guest:
Jeff Boldt, PE, LEED® AP, HBDP
Jeff is a Principal and the Director Engineering at KJWW Engineering, a 500 person firm. He is a licensed Professional Engineer with over 30 years’ experience in mechanical, fire protection, and acoustical design.
Jeff is a voting member of ASHRAE’s 90.1 Energy Standard and chairs the working groups dealing with Advanced Energy Systems, Healthcare, Hydronics, Elevators/escalators, and Duct System Leakage. Jeff is also a voting member of ASHRAE 189.1 Standard for the Design of High Performance Green Buildings and chairs the acoustics subcommittee.
Jeff is an author of the Advanced Energy Design Guide (AEDG) for Large Hospitals and of the AEDG for Small Healthcare Facilities.
He has served as Project Manager and Design Engineer on many award-winning projects; including the Agronomy Laboratory, which won the ASHRAE International Technology Award for the best HVAC design of the year and which appeared on the cover of the ASHRAE Journal.
Jeff is a LEED accredited professional and received High-performance Building Design Professional accreditation. He is registered in both mechanical and fire protection engineering.
Jeff is a member of ASHE, ICC, SFPE, WHEA, the WHEA Code Committee, the Wisconsin Energy Conservation Code Council, and the Wisconsin Mechanical Code Council.
Since 2012 Jeff has had articles published in the ASHRAE Journal (How 90.1-2010 Will Affect Healthcare Facilities), in CSE Magazine (What’s New in ASHRAE 90.1-2013 and also How Standard 90.1-2010 Will Affect HVAC Designs), and in Engineered Systems (Acoustical Issues in Healthcare and Humidification: Options, Amines, and the Effects of ASHRAE Standards 62.1 and 170).
Featured Coffee, of course!